“Meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their future needs”
At Tielman, throughout the company, we do not offer environmental friendly alternatives as an option. Being environmentally friendly should not be an option - for us it is a matter of course... Our environmental efforts and policies are continuously being developed as we strive to reduce the environmental impact of our products and processes.
- Grade AA BRC certified facility. BRC IoP provides the strictest hygiene regulations. BRC audits are conducted annually.
- Only pure Natural Greaseproof paper. No fluorochemicals of any kind are added to any of our paper grades.
- 3rd party NormPack certificates on all items. All Tielman items are tested according to current EU and international regulations such as the BfR, CFIA and the FDA. The Normpack certificate is only provided if the material is able to pass migration tests carried out at 220o Celsius. The analysis also covers set-off during transport and material handling.
- No nitrocellulose or Bisphenol -A is added to any of our printing inks.
- Our processes and materials allow metal detecting after baking.
- FSC-certified paper. FSC certification ensures that our papers come from responsibly managed forests, both from an environmental and social aspect.
- Fully compostable and biodegradable products.
- Environmentally friendly alternative to aluminium cups.
- Waste recycling is carried out on all raw materials (paper, ink, packaging).
- All Tielman facilities aim to be wind powered. (Sweden facility is already 100% wind powered).
- Solvents are exhausted.
- Maximizing the use of natural resources (Decreased waste of ingredients and higher output due to functional cups, contribute to sustainability).
- Paper cups allows faster cooking at lower temperatures which saves energy.
- Using paper cup eliminates the need for greasing and washing pans, as well as the need to dispose of waste water.